Instructions for creating an account with the Center for High Performance Computing at the University of Utah
All USU students must apply for an account through a USU faculty member who has a CHPC account.
USU Faculty – Instructions for getting a CHPC account for yourself
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Birthday in mm/dd/yyyy format. This is required and will be your initial password
- Last 4 digits of SSN (NOT REQUIRED)
- Previous University of Utah ID# (if any)?
- Physical address
- Email address
- A brief description of your research.
- CHPC will request a University of Utah (uNID) for you and email you the uNID. You will need to set your secure password by logging on to: http://gate.acs.utah.edu.
- Once you are able to log on to CIS, please let the CHPC staff know and a CHPC account will be created for you.
USU Faculty – Instructions for getting a CHPC account for your student
- You must first have a CHPC account for yourself. See instructions above.
- Create a University of Utah uNID for your student by going to this website, completing the form and submitting the form: https://www.hr.utah.edu/forms/affiliate.php. See page two for a mockup of the form. Please be sure to select “10017 Visiting Scholar” as the Affiliate Type. 00640 UIT CTR HIGH PERF COMPUTNG is the Authorizing Department. The Reason for Entry is “HPC support for Utah State University users”. Set the expiration date to 3 years in the future (maximum).
- Once you have received an email giving you the uNID, you need to have the student set a secure password by visiting http://gate.acs.utah.edu.
- Create the CHPC account. There are two ways to create the student’s account:
- You, as a CHPC PI, can fill out this form: https://www.chpc.utah.edu/role/user/pi_account_request.php. The student will need to verify his/her email address, and the account is created.
- The student can fill out this form: https://www.chpc.utah.edu/role/user/account_request.php. This will generate an email for you to approve the account, as well as having the student verify his or her email.