To apply, students are required to complete a web-based form (Click “Apply Now”). The form requires the following information:
- Student information: Student Name, A#, Department
- Conference information: The conference title, location, dates, and conference webpage
- Presentation information:
- All authors
- The title of the presentation
- Presentation format (poster/oral presentation/performance)
- Matching Funds: Source of matching funds
- Proof of conference acceptance: Students must be listed in the conference program and must provide prof of acceptance at the time of application. Typically, students are notified by email that they have been accepted to present or perform and such an email would qualify as proof of acceptance. Similarly, being listed in a conference program would be acceptable as proof of acceptance to present. This can be uploaded as a PDF, or submitted as a link to the conference program.
Upon submission, students will receive an automated email confirmation that their application has been received. Within five working days, students will be notified of their award status (approved, denied or incomplete).
Approved Applications: Travel Authorization
For approved travel awards, the student’s home department will be contacted and the source of the matching funds confirmed. Once that is in place, Travel Authorization (TA) forms are to be completed by students’ home department.
Given that allocation decisions are made on a first-come / first-serve basis, early application is strongly encouraged.
Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to conference travel.
Proposals may be submitted any time once formal proof of acceptance has been received.