Proposal Preparation Resources
The links in the left navigation pane of this page contain information that can be used to prepare proposals.
Institutional Information: Contains the University’s official address, tax identification number, DUNs number, and much more.
Benefit Rates: Contains the University’s official benefit rates and a link to the official USU Controller’s Office memo detailing these rates.
Graduate Student Insurance: Contains information on USU’s policy regarding the application of graduate student insurance rates in proposal budgets.
F&A Rates: Contains information on USU’s official federally negotiated facilities and administration (F&A) rates and cognizant agency contracting officer. This page also has a link to the official memo that can be included in proposals as needed.
Gift, Grant, or Contract?: Use this page to determine the nature of externally funded ventures. The chart on this page will direct you to the correct office to work with when soliciting funds form outside sources.
USU’s INTERNAL DEADLINE FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION: All proposals for grants, contracts, and agreements must be submitted to the Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) for review, approval, and routing for departmental/college signatures prior to submission to the funding sponsor.
- All proposals should be submitted to DSP for review a minimum of three full working business days prior to the sponsors deadline. (USU’s recognized holidays are not considered working business days, therefore additional time should be included for the review, routing and approval process when holidays occur during the proposal submission process.)
- The three days provided are for review and approval by DSP. An additional 1-2 days should be allowed for DocuSign routing for departmental and college approvals and signatures.
- Proposals that are to be submitted via email or regular mail will generally be submitted by the PI after the review and approval process is complete.
- Most electronic applications will usually require that DSP submits as the Authorized Organizational Representative. The recommendation is that the timing for submission of electronic applications should have the review and approval process completed and the final version of the application ready for submission at least 1-2 days prior to the funding sponsor’s deadline.
- Applications that have subcontracts, cost share, consultants, etc. require additional forms to be completed. Collecting these forms can require additional time to complete. Please plan accordingly so that the review and submission process can be completed in a timely manner and within the internal deadline time frame for proposal submission.