Proposal Writing Institute Application Information
Please refer to the main Proposal Writing Institute page for application timeline details.
A complete PWI application consists of the following:
- Signed Application Cover Sheet
- Project Description: A three page or less description of the proposal you will be working on during the Institute that includes: 1) a brief description of the project for which you will see external funding; and 2) any external funding agency(ies) identified to whom the proposal can be submitted.
- Significance: A one page statement of your expectations as to how the proposed project will support and/or enhance your professional development and the goals of the department/college/center/university. Include a summary of your experience with extramural funding to date.
NOTE: Proposal Writing Institute applications should be submitted to the applicant's dean's office for internal review and ranking.
- Letters of support (2 letter maximum) from the applicant's department head/dean/center director addressing the following:
- the scholarly potential of the applicant
- how the proposed project will contribute to the applicant's professional goals and those of the department/college/center/university
- how generating extramural support is essential for the applicant's career development
- the research time available to the applicant
NOTE: Letters of support should be sent directly by the department head/dean/center director in either hard copy form to the Proposal Development division in Old Main room 159 (UMC 1450) or electronically to email@example.com.
The 2013 Proposal Writing Institute application round is now closed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Colleges set internal due dates for the submission of applications. You are strongly advised to check with your Dean's Office regarding the due date BEFORE you start work on an application.