Publications involving SEM data
- Z. M. Portman, V. J. Tepedino, “Convergent evolution of pollen transport mode in two distantly related bee genera (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae and Melittidae),” Apidologie. DOI: 10.1007/s13592-016-0489-8 (2017).
- B. You, N. Jiang, X. Liu, Y. Sun, “Simultaneous H2generation and biomass upgrading in water by an efficient noble-metal-free bifunctional electrocatalyst,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition 55, 9913-9917 (2016).
- N. Jiang, B. You, R. Boonstra, I. M. Terrero Rodriguez, Y. Sun, “Integrating electrocatalytic 5-hydroxymethylfurfural oxidation and hydrogen production via Co-P-derived electrocatalysts,” ACS Energy Letter 1, 386-390 (2016).
- X. Liu, J. Dong, B. You, Y. Sun, “Competent overall water-splitting electrocatalysts derived from ZIF-67 grown on carbon cloth,” RSC Advances 6, 73336-73342 (2016).
- X. Liu, B. You, X. Yu, J. Chipman, Y. Sun, “Electrochemical oxidation to construct nickel sulfides/oxides heterostructure with improvement of capacitance,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A 4, 11611-11615 (2016).
- B. You, Y. Sun, “Chalcogenide and phosphide solid-state catalysts for H2 generation,” ChemPlusChem 81, 1045-1055 (2016).
- B. You, N. Jiang, M. Sheng, M. Bhushan, Y. Sun, “Hierarchically porous urchin-like Ni2P superstructures supported on nickel foam as efficient bifunctional electrocatalysts for overall water splitting,” ACS Catalysis 6, 714-721 (2016).
- B. You, Y. Sun, Y, “Hierarchically porous nickel sulfide multifunctional superstructures,” Advanced Energy Materials 6, 1502333 (2016).
- N. Jiang, B. You, B., M. Sheng, Y. Sun, “Bifunctionality and mechanism of electrodeposited nickel-phosphorous films for efficient overall water splitting,” ChemCatChem 8, 106-112 (2016).
- B. You, N. Jiang, Y. Sun, “Morphology-activity correlation in hydrogen evolution catalyzed by cobalt sulfides,” Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers 3, 279-285 (2016).
- N. Jiang, Q. Tang, M. Sheng, B. You, D. E. Jiang, Y. Sun, “Nickel sulfides for electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution under alkaline conditions: a case study of crystalline NiS, NiS2, and Ni3S2nanoparticles,” Catalysis Science & Technology 6, 1077-1084 (2016).
- M. C. Rice, J. M. Norton, F. Valois, A. Bollmann, P. J. Bottomley, M. G. Klotz,J. Laanbroek, Y. Suwa, L. Y. Stein, L. Sayavedra-Soto, T. Woyke, N. Shapiro,A. Goodwin, M. Huntemann, A. Clum, M. Pillay, N. Kyrpides, N. Varghese, Mikhailova, V. Markowitz, K. Palaniappan, N. Ivanova, D. Stamatis,B. K. Reddy, C. Yee Ngan, and Chris Daum, “Complete genome of Nitrosospira briensis C-128, an ammonia-oxidizing bacterium from agricultural soil,” Standards in Genomic Sciences 11, 46 (2016).
- A. Gade, J. Adams, D. W. Britt , F.-A. Shen, J. E. McLean, A. Jacobson, Y.-C. Kim, A. J. Anderson, “Ag nanoparticles generated using bio-reduction and -coating cause microbial killing without cell lysis,” Biometals 29, 211 (2016).
- J. Adams, M. Wright, H. Wagner, J. Valiente, D. Britt, A. Anderson, “Cu from dissolution of CuO nanoparticles signals changes in root morphology,” Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (2016).
- D. Wood, D. K. Hensley, and N.A. Roberts, “Enhanced thermal conductance of polymer composites through embedding aligned carbon nanofibers,” AIMS Materials Science 3, 851-861 (2016).
- A. K. Ault, M. Frenzel, P. W. Reiners, N. H. Woodcock, S. N. Thomson, “Record of paleofluid circulation in faults revealed by hematite (U-Th)/He and apatite fission-track dating: an example from Gower Peninsula fault fissures, Wales,” Lithosphere 8, 379-385 (2016).
- Z. M. Portman, J. L. Neff, T. Griswold, T. “Revision of Perdita subgenus Heteroperdita Timberlake (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae), with descriptions of two ant-like males,” Zootaxa 4214 1, 1-97 (2016)
- J. A. Jones, T. I. Harris, P. F. Oliveira, B. E. Bell, A. Alhabib, and R. V. Lewis, “Importance of Heat and Pressure for Solubilization of Recombinant Spider Silk Proteins in Aqueous Solution,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences 17, 1955 (2016).
- T. I. Harris, D. A. Gaztambide, B. A. Day, C. L. Brock, A. L. Ruben, J. A. Jones, and R. V. Lewis, “Sticky Situation: An Investigation of Robust Aqueous-Based Recombinant Spider Silk Protein Coatings and Adhesives,” ACS Biomacromolecules 17, 3761–3772 (2016).
- B. You, X. Liu, N. Jiang, Y. Sun, “A general strategy for decoupled hydrogen production from water splitting by integrating oxidative biomass valorization,”J. Am. Chem. Soc. 138, 13639-13646 (2016).
- A. K. Parchur, Q. Li, A. Zhou “Near-infrared photothermal therapy of Prussian-blue-functionalized lanthanide-iondoped inorganic/plasmonic multifunctional nanostructures for the selective targeting of HER2-expressing breast cancer cells,” Biomater. Sci. 4, 1781-1791, (2016).
- B. You, N. Jiang, M. Sheng, S. Gul, J. Yano, Y. Sun, “High-performance overall water splitting electrocatalysts derived from cobalt-based metal-organic frameworks,” Chemistry of Materials 27, 7636-7642 (2015).
- B. You, N. Jiang, M. Sheng, W. S. Drisdell, J. Yano, Y. Sun, “Bimetal-organic framework self-adjusted synthesis of support-free nonprecious electrocatalysts for efficient oxygen reduction,” ACS Catalysis 5, 7068-7076 (2015).
- N. Jiang, B. You, M. Sheng, Y. Sun, “Electrodeposited cobalt-phosphorous-derived films as competent bifunctional catalysts for overall water splitting,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition 54, 6251-6254 (2015).
- B. You, N. Jiang, M. Sheng, Y. Sun, “Microwave vs solvothermal synthesis of hollow cobalt sulfide nanoprisms for electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution and supercapacitor,” Chemical Communications51, 4252-4255 (2015).
- A. K. Ault, P. W. Reiners, J. P. Evans, S. N. Thomson, “Linking hematite (U-Th)/He dating with the microtextural record of seismicity in the Wasatch fault damage zone, Utah, Geology 43, 771-774 (2015).
- J. A. Jones, T. I. Harris, C. L. Tucker, K. R. Berg, S. Y. Christy, B. A. Day, D. A. Gaztambide, N. J.C. Needham, A. L. Ruben, P. F. Oliveira, R. E. Decker, and R. V. Lewis, “More Than Just Fibers: An Aqueous Method for the Production of Innovative Recombinant Spider Silks Protein Materials,” ACS Biomacromolecules 16, 1418-1425 (2015).
- D. Wood, J. S. Dyer, V. A. Thurgood, N. A. Tomlin, J. H. Lehman, and T.-C. Shen, “Optical Reflection and Absorption of Carbon Nanotube Forest Films on Substrates,” Journal of applied physics 118, 013106 (2015).
- N. Jiang, L. Bogoev, M. Popova, S. Gul, J. Yano, Y. Sun, “Electrodeposited nickel-sulfide films as competent hydrogen evolution catalysts in neutral water,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2, 19407-19414 (2014).
- J. P. Evans, M. R. Prante, S. U. Janecke, A. K. Ault, D. L. Newell, “Hot faults: Iridescent slip surfaces with metallic luster document high-temperature ancient seismicity in the Wasatch fault zone, Geology 42, 623-626 (2014).
- C. Xing, T. Munro, B. White, H. Ban, C. G. Copeland, R. V. Lewis, “Thermophysical properties of the dragline silk of Nephila clavipes spider,” Polymer 55, 4226–4231(2014).
- C. L. Tucker, J. A. Jones, H. N. Bringhurst, C. G. Copeland, J. B. Addison, W. S. Weber, Q. Mou, J. L. Yarger, and R. V. Lewis, “Mechanical and Physical Properties of Recombinant Spider Silk Films Using Organic and Aqueous Solvents,” ACS Biomacromolecules 15, 3158-3170 (2014).