We all know that students have so many needs outside of strict academia. That’s what our Student Services Department is for. Visit the main site for more access, use the near-inclusive organization chart to quickly link where you need to go, or read more about the basics below.
- Admissions and Recruitment: All graduate student admissions are handled via the graduate school in conjunction with specific departments. Visit your department’s website for more information, or look at the RGS Admissions page.
- Financial Aid: Paying for school is important, and we’re here to help. Approximately 75% of graduate students at USU receive some sort of financial assistance in supporting their graduate education. Visit the RGS Finances and Support Page to find graduate student specific funding and tuition information. You can learn about federal funding and more general funding information at the University’s Financial Aid page. Most departments also have some kind of funding information that can be found on their own webpages. Make sure to ask your Graduate Program Coordinator if you have any questions.
- Computer Labs and Printing: There are multiple computer labs both in the library and around campus that cater to the needs of students. Links to some may be found below. Most are accessible with your USU card – students can also use their card to print materials at any one of these labs. Ask one of the friendly lab assistants how!
- Registrar: The Registrar’s Office is your source for registration schedules, graduation deadlines, tuition and payment information, and transcript/grade related matters. Visit TSC 246 if you need to speak with someone in person.
- USU Card: The USU ID Card is your official passport on campus while at USU. It is used to get into Athletic events, Campus Recreation facilities such as the HPER and Fieldhouse, USU theatrical performances, Computer labs, and other student activities. The card also acts as your library card, meal plan card, health center card, copy card, and a campus account card.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides confidential mental health services to students on the Logan campus. By offering you a full range of counseling services in a friendly environment, we strive to help you achieve your personal, relational, and academic goals while at USU. You might desire to have empathic support and genuine feedback for a difficult situation, learn useful self-management skills, improve your relationships, or resolve new or long-standing problem situations. Services include consultation, workshops, groups, individual and couples counseling, as well as crisis/emergency interventions and are free of charge to qualifying students.
- Career Services: Career Services is the link between students and meaningful employment. Qualified Career Coaches can help you with choosing a major/career, finding a co-op/internship, searching for professional employment, or preparing for graduate admittance tests. Career Services also offers drop in resume help and coordinates multiple career fairs. Whether you are sure of what you want to do after you leave Utah Sate or are just beginning to think about your career options, your career coach can help. Visit Career Services soon and often to take control of your future.