Academic Forms

Download and fill out the form you need to submit, save it using the file name convention defined on the form and email it to your graduate program coordinator to submit for electronic signatures. If you have questions about academic forms or degree requirements, please contact your Graduate Program Coordinator.

Forms by Topic

Application for Candidacy

Start your dissertation research.

Apply Undergraduate Courses to Graduate Level


Split Form
Apply undergraduate credit to graduate credit.



Determine publishing rights for your thesis/dissertation.

Concurrent Degrees


Complete two degrees concurrently.

Copyright Ownership


Determine copyright ownership of your thesis/dissertation.

Degree Advancement

, ,

Advance to the next degree without re-applying.

Department or Degree Change Request


Transfer Request
Change your department/degree.

Early Commencement


Attend commencement before defending.

Embargo Request


Restrict electronic release of your thesis/dissertation.

Full Time at 3 Credits

, ,

Be considered full time while taking 3 credits.

IELI 7920 Registration


Register for the international teaching assistant course.

Master’s Thesis / Project Approval

Confirm your successful thesis or project proposal defense.

Western Regional Graduate Program


WRGP Application for Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
Apply for a WRGP non-resident tuition waiver

Program of Study

Confirm courses required to graduate.


, ,

Readmit after not registering for 2+ years.

Record of Examination


Record your successful or unsuccessful defense outcome.

Reduced Course Load

, ,

Take less than a full course load as an international student.

Utah Residency


Apply for Utah residency for in-state tuition.

Work 20+ Hours

20 Plus
Work more than 20 hours in an assistantship.

Forms by Plan

The forms under each plan type are listed in the typical order students need them.

* required for final defense

Plan A Forms Guide
Plan B Forms Guide
Plan C Forms Guide
Doctoral Forms Guide