Graduate Guide

Important Places on Campus

Access (Banner)

Access, sometimes referred to as Banner, is an online student records system where you will find many of the same services the Registrar's Office provides. Here, you can pay fees, register for classes, view your grades and transcripts, print your course schedule, update personal information, etc. To log in to Access, you will need your student number (A#) and your PIN. The default PIN is your birthday (MMDDYY) and should be changed once you are in Access.

Campus Store

TSC, lower level; 435.797.3950

The Campus Store, located on the lower level of the Taggart Student Center, is the perfect place to buy the things you will need during graduate school at educational discount prices. You'll find the store on both sides of the main walkway in the TSC. One side is devoted primarily to textbooks and collegiate supplies (such as notebooks, pens and pencils, scantrons, folders, etc.), and the other side is devoted to general reading books, Aggie apparel, and gifts. The Campus Store also has a great selection of computers, software, hardware, and accessories.

Card Office

TSC 212; 435.797.3852

One of the first things you'll need to do when coming to Utah State is obtain your USU ID card. This card is the official ID card for all USU students, faculty, and staff. This card can be loaded with money and used as a debit card on campus. You will need this card to check out books at the library, attend university activities and sporting events, use the recreation center, access computer labs, use the health center, and purchase copies and printouts.

Computer Labs

As a graduate student, you will have access to nearly a dozen computer labs located in buildings across campus. You will want to visit the website to see the locations and hours of operation for each, as well as the software available in each lab. Don't forget to bring your USU ID card; you'll need it to enter the lab and pick up your printouts.

Financial Assistance

Teaching, research, and other graduate assistantships are available in most of the departments across campus. In the interest of timely graduation, graduate students who receive financial assistance do not work more than 20 hours per week. Contact your department for information about available assistantships and possible fellowships. The Office of Research and Graduate Studies can also assist you with financial reimbursement for traveling to conferences and for research. Visit the website for additional information.

Parking and Transportation

840 E. 1250 N.; 435.797.3414

There are many parking options across campus and the parking and transportation website will provide information about permits, prices, and locations. On the website, you can also find information about the Aggie Shuttle, a free on-campus shuttle service. Students can view the location of each bus online in real time. Cache County also offers a free bus system that will take you anywhere in the valley. Check out its website at

Registrar's Office

TSC 246; 435.797.1116

Located on the second floor of the Taggart Student Center, the Registrar's Office is your hub for any registration and records inquiries. You will be able to add or drop courses, pay tuition, post study abroad credits, change advisor or major, update personal information, such as addresses or phone numbers, and order transcripts. You can also do most of this online by logging in to Access.

Taggart Student Center


The Taggart Student Center, better known as the TSC, is the community center of the university. It is located on the west end of campus on the corner of 800 E. and 700 N., adjacent to the Big Blue Parking Terrace. You will find services and conveniences such as the post office, Zions Bank, ATMs, a barber shop, the USU Campus Store, a quickie mart, fast food court, buffet, and an upscale restaurant. The TSC is also home to many of the important offices you will need while at USU: the Registrar's Office, Cashier's Office, Financial Aid Office, USU Card Office, the Graduate Student Senate, and more.