Online RCR Training
Utah State University subscribes to online training programs offered by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). Two courses are currently available, which support USU certification programs for Human Research Protections training (also referred to as IRB certification) and Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training. When registering for training on CITI’s web site, you will be able to choose either or both of these courses.
The RCR training program USU has set up through CITI is a required component of the Graduate Scholars’ Certification Program, sponsored by the School of Graduate Studies and the Office of Compliance Assistance. IF you plan to complete this course, please review USU Introductory Module first, before completing other training modules. It will provide instructions concerning the completion of the on-line training and explain other aspects of the certification program.
To enter the CITI site and register for on-line training, click here.
Instructions on how to register
1. Go to: https://www.citiprogram.org/
2. Click on the Register link under “Create an account”
3. Under “Select Your Organization Affiliation” type Utah State University in the search box. Choose Utah State University from the drop down menu. Continue to Step 2.
4. Enter your Personal Information. Continue to Step 3.
5. Create your Username and Password. Continue to Step 4.
6. Enter your Gender, Ethnicity, and Race. Continue to Step 5.
7. Indicate your interest in receiving Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credit for completed CITI Program courses. Continue to Step 6.
8. Provide additional personal and contact information. Continue to Step 7.
9. Select “I am here to take the course for the first time, the Basic Course.” Click Next.
10. Choose “Group 1: Social & Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel.” Click Next.
11. Choose any/or all of the RCR courses you wish to take. Click Next.
12. Select the option of either enrolling or not enrolling in the Health Information Privacy and Security (HIPS) Course. Click Next.
13. Click on “Finalize Registration.”
14. Click on the “Utah State University Courses” link. All courses you have registered for will appear.
15. Click on a course link to begin the training modules.
16. Click on “Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course”
17. Once the Integrity Assurance Statement (at the beginning of each course) has been completed, course modules will become live one at a time.
18. Complete the quiz (if applicable) at the end of each module and advance to the next module
19. Once all modules have been completed with an overall score of 80%+, CITI will email you a Completion Report.
20. Click “Main Menu” top left screen at any time to see all courses you’re enrolled in.